Friday 2 December 2016

Cubone- A Story Like No Other (Fan made story) Part 1

Rain fell down, melted crystals falling through the atmosphere. Many Pokemon concealed themselves in trees, or dark caves to protect themselves from the rain. Their bright eyes showed flames of eternal love, and sorrow for those still drenched. A Pokemon's life is important, if their life essence is lost, or their soul finally escapes to be with those of the dead, not one, but all Pokemon circle the fallen, eyes filled with tears. Sliding down their faces, onto the corpse below. A Pokemon's death is a grim, and desolate. A baby Cubone sat on its mother's knee, staring kindheartedly into her hazel eyes. They glimmered with hope. She spoke, "What is it, my dear?" 
Cubone smiled. "N-Nothing...I just love your eyes, Mama."
"Well, thank you, dear. Isn't it beautiful to watch the rain drops fall while watching them in the cave?"
"Yes. Mama?"
"What is it?"
"You never told me...what happened to Dad."
She sighed. "I knew this day would come, I just didn't know when." His mother's eyes changed, shining with soon-to-fall tears. She hugged him around the waist, holding him close. The droplets fell onto his  arm, sliding down, and glowing in the faint light. "Mama?"
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Your father was a strong Pokemon, and intelligent. But, sometimes he would go out of line, and nearly die because of it. He went on an adventure with one of his close friends, or so he thought. His close friend was controlling your father, binding his heartstrings, snapping them one at a time if he didn't do it right. Your father went on that adventure with his 'friend' and they came to a desert. He grew weak, for he had an unstable heart. A gang of Cacturne pounced him when he fainted, then they let his 'friend' finish him off. That was the last I saw of him."
"How do you know this Mama?"
"He told me. A smile of malevolence, eyes as cold as frost. He didn't care, as long as he succeeded." 
"I'm so sorry, Mama."
"...Let's forget this for now." The rainfall stopped, only the droplets of moonlight silver dew left in place. They both watched as it stopped; watching some of the Pokemon coming out of their dry places. "My dear. I need to collect some food for us. I'll be back by night, that's a promise."
"Be...careful Mama."
"I will, my child." She placed a kiss upon his head, soft and known among Pokemon as a blessing to those you truly care for and want to stay safe. She left Cubone all alone in the cave, sadness overwhelming her features. I...I'm sorry, my son. I don't know if I ever will come back. I love you, always and forever. She disappeared through the trees, the silver dew falling onto the tip of her nose. She looked back once more, out of Cubone's sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment